Sean Combs faces fourth sexual assault lawsuit in less than a month

Sean Combs faces fourth sexual assault lawsuit in less than a month

News

A lawsuit was filed against hip-hop mogul Sean Combs on Wednesday alleging that Combs and others trafficked and sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl in 2003. It is the fourth sexual abuse lawsuit involving Combs filed in less than a month.

The complaint was filed in Manhattan’s District Court on behalf of an unidentified woman, who is referred to in the lawsuit as Jane Doe. According to the lawsuit, she was in 11th grade when she met Harve Pierre, then president of Combs’s Bad Boy Entertainment, at a Detroit-area lounge 20 years ago. Pierre allegedly told the teenager that he was “best friends” with Combs before getting the influential producer, who was in New York at the time, on the phone.

The lawsuit claims that Combs persuaded her to take a private jet with Pierre and another person to Combs’s New York recording studio. Once they arrived there, Combs, Pierre and a third person “plied Ms. Doe with drugs and alcohol” and proceeded to “gang rape” the teen girl, the suit alleges. The filing includes pictures taken the night of the alleged assault showing the plaintiff with Combs.

“Defendants preyed on a vulnerable high school teenager as part of a sex trafficking scheme,” said Douglas Wigdor, an attorney representing the woman.

“The depravity of these abhorrent acts has, not surprisingly, scarred our client for life,” he added.

Combs, via a representative, shared a statement denying his involvement and accusing his accusers of “looking for a quick payday.”

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,” he said. “For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy.”

“Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged,” Combs added. “I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.” The statement was also shared on Combs’s X account.

The embattled producer has been involved in four other sexual abuse lawsuits over the last several weeks (three of those name Combs himself as the alleged assailant).

The first case to be filed was by Combs’s former longtime partner, R&B singer Cassie, on Nov. 16. Cassie, whose legal name is Casandra Ventura, claimed that over the course of their more than 10-year-long relationship, Combs was a “vicious, cruel and controlling man” who physically abused her, forced her to engage in sex acts with male sex workers and raped her when she attempted to leave him. Ventura and Combs reached a settlement the next day.

End of carousel

Days later, another lawsuit was filed against Pierre, Bad Boy Records and Combs Enterprises. The complaint, also filed on behalf of an unnamed woman, alleged that between 2016 and 2017, Pierre used his position as the head of Bad Boy records to “groom, exploit, and sexually assault” the woman, who was his assistant at the time. Combs’s companies are also listed as defendants in the complaint because they “enabled” the sexual abuse.

“The allegations are from many years ago that were never brought to the attention of the company,” a spokesman for Bad Boy Entertainment said in a statement. They added, “We are now investigating the allegations, and our top priority is the safety and well-being of our employees.”

Then, late last month, two lawsuits were filed against Combs within hours of each other, both detailing accusations of sexual abuse. They included a complaint from Joi Dickerson-Neal, who accused Combs of drugging and raping her after a date in 1991. A college student at the time, Dickerson-Neal claims that she later found out Combs filmed the alleged assault and shared it with others. The other complaint, filed by an unidentified woman, claims that Combs and singer Aaron Hall sexually assaulted her and another woman.

Combs has denied these assaults happened, calling them “made up” and “not credible.”

Most of these lawsuits were filed under New York’s Adult Survivor’s Act, a 2022 law that lifted the statute of limitations for filing a sexual assault complaint, granting survivors one year to file lawsuits against their alleged abusers, regardless of when the alleged abuse happened. The act expired Nov. 23. It did not apply to criminal cases.

Unlike the previous four lawsuits, this latest claim was filed under New York City’s “Victims of Gender-Motivated Protection” law, passed in March 2023. It allows alleged victims of sexual assault two years to file civil complaints that would otherwise have happened too long ago to be brought forward.

SOURCE

Leave a Reply

link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link link