Lewis Capaldi Says He’s ‘Noticed a Marked Improvement’ Since Taking Touring Break

Lewis Capaldi Says He’s ‘Noticed a Marked Improvement’ Since Taking Touring Break

Music

Lewis Capaldi is giving fans an update on his mental health after taking a step back from the stage in June.

About six months after announcing that he was going on hiatus from touring, the 27-year-old Scottish musician revealed in a lengthy New Year’s Eve message that he’s noticed an improvement in his overall health but that he’s still not ready to step back into the spotlight.

“As most of you will know, I’m currently taking some time off to focus on my health and wellbeing and it’s been going great!” Capaldi wrote on Instagram Sunday (Dec. 31). “I’ve been working with some incredible professionals to help me learn about and cope better with my Tourette’s and anxiety issues. I’m really happy to say I’ve noticed a marked improvement in both since I decided to take some time off back in June.”

He continued, “I was completely overwhelmed by the reaction to the news that I was taking a break and genuinely want to thank each and every one of you who reached out, left a comment, tweet or dm wishing me well, the support was like nothing I’ve ever experienced and has made me more excited than ever to return to what I love at some point in the not too distant future.”

Earlier this summer, Capaldi struggled to finish his Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit “Someone You Loved” during his June 24 set at the Glastonbury Festival. Days later, he shared on Instagram that he would be “taking a break from touring for the foreseeable future” to “spend much more time getting my mental and physical health in order.”

In his New Year’s Eve note, the singer also announced that he will be releasing an extended version of his second album, Broken By the Desire to Be Heavenly Sent, at midnight on Monday (Jan. 1). The expanded set will feature five additional songs.

“Prior to my decision to f— off for a bit, I’d always hoped to release an extended version at some point!” Capaldi wrote. “After some back-and-forth about whether or not it was the right thing to do, I’ve decided it would be a shame for these five extra songs, which are so incredibly special to me, to sit on my hard drive, never to see the light of day.”

The “Before You Go” singer-songwriter concluded his message by letting fans know that he plans to remain out of the public eye for the time being.

“For now I’m going to continue taking some time to carry on looking after myself, maybe writing some new music and taking a moment to reflect on some of the most incredible years of my life,” he wrote. “I want to make absolutely sure I’m 100% before getting back out there again properly for more shows and doing what I love more than anything!”

Read Capaldi’s full update below on Instagram.

SOURCE

Leave a Reply