Gérard Depardieu targeted by a new investigation for sexual assault

An investigation was opened after the complaint filed around ten days ago by a decorator accusing Gérard Depardieu of having sexually assaulted her during the filming of the film “Les Volets vertes” by Jean Becker in 2021, it was reported on Tuesday 3 March, the Paris prosecutor’s office, confirming information from Mediapart.

This is the third targeting the 75-year-old actor in recent months. The French actor has been indicted since December 2020 for rape and sexual assault on actress Charlotte Arnould, and an investigation was opened after the complaint of a former film assistant, who accused him of sexual assault in 2014.

The investigations were entrusted to the 3rd district of the Paris judicial police, said the prosecution. Mr. Christian Saint-Palais, lawyer for Mr. Depardieu, did not respond to requests from Agence France-Presse (AFP). The plaintiff’s lawyer, Carine Durrieu Diebolt, who already defends actress Charlotte Arnould, announced on February 25 that a complaint had been filed by the latter two days earlier, confirmation of information from Médiapart .

“Caught brutally”

According to the story told to Médiapart by the woman denouncing these facts, named Amélie and aged 53, the actor would have made numerous gravelly remarks during filming in Paris, on September 10, 2021, then later would have “caught” her with brutality” and allegedly “kneaded her waist, her stomach, going up to her breasts” . The reported attack was reportedly interrupted by the actor’s bodyguards. According to the online media, another woman, Sarah, aged 33 and third assistant director on the same shoot, also accuses Mr. Depardieu of having touched her twice “chest and buttocks” on August 31, 2021, again in Paris.

Gérard Depardieu was indicted in December 2020 for rape and sexual assault following a complaint from actress Charlotte Arnould, who denounced two rapes at the actor’s Parisian home at the end of August 2018. He is also the subject of a preliminary investigation in Paris, for sexual assaults in 2014 on a set denounced by an assistant, then aged 24.

The complaint of actress Hélène Darras, who accused Gérard Depardieu of having sexually assaulted her during a film shoot in 2007, was filed at the end of December for statute of limitations. In December 2023, Spanish journalist and writer Ruth Baza also filed a complaint in Spain against the actor for rape, for acts dating back to 1995 in Paris.

In an interview with AFP published Tuesday, actress Anouk Grinberg, also in the credits of “Volets vertes , recounted the “salaceries” of Gérard Depardieu “from morning to evening” during filming. “There was apparently a lady [referent] dedicated [to preventing] attacks. She was never introduced to me, (…) she never gave her support to women who were attacked. She never intervened when we heard about pussy, pussy, cock, getting sucked,” she assured.

“Never, ever have I abused a woman,” Gérard Depardieu said in an open letter published in Le Figaro on October 1 , referring to Charlotte Arnould’s accusations.

The World with AFP

Reuse this content

SOURCE

Leave a Comment