Gérard Depardieu targeted by a second complaint for sexual assault

Gérard Depardieu targeted by a second complaint for sexual assault

Movies

The actress Hélène Darras filed a complaint on September 10 against the actor Gérard Depardieu, whom she accuses of sexual assault during a film shoot in 2007, the Paris prosecutor’s office announced on Wednesday, December 6, confirming information from France 2. The prosecution specified that the complaint, which a priori concerns prescribed facts, is currently being analyzed to determine the outcome: classification or launch of investigations.

Contacted, Mr. Depardieu’s lawyer Christian Saint-Palais could not immediately be reached.

In an issue of the investigative magazine “Complément d’investigation” broadcast Thursday evening and devoted to the actor, targeted by multiple accusations of sexual violence, Hélène Darras accuses the star of having “groped” her while she had 26 years old and played as an extra in 2007 in the film Disco , directed by Fabien Onteniente.

“Do you want to come up to my dressing room?” »

During filming, Gérard Depardieu “passes his hand over [his] hips, over [his] buttocks” then “says to him bluntly: “Do you want to come up to my dressing room?” » . The actress tells him “no” , but “it doesn’t change anything” , she says in “Additional investigation”: “Between takes, he will continue to grope me. »

In her diary from the time, she confides her distress: “The abysmal void, I no longer exist. Nothingness. The invisible. My heart hurts so much. The worst injury is psychological. No one can give me back my trust, no one can give me back my life, except me. »

In addition to this complaint, Gérard Depardieu is the subject of a judicial investigation at the Paris court: he was indicted on December 16, 2020 for rape and sexual assault after another complaint, that of the actress Charlotte Arnould, who had denounced at the end of August 2018 two rapes at the star’s Parisian home.

Charlotte Arnould obtained in the summer of 2020 that the investigation, first closed by the Paris prosecutor’s office in June 2019, be entrusted to an investigating judge. Since then, around ten other women have accused Gérard Depardieu of sexual violence in the press. The actor, who was confronted this summer by Charlotte Arnould before the investigating judge in charge of the case, was also questioned about these new testimonies, according to a source close to the case.

On October 1 , he denied the accusations, insisting in an open letter published in Le Figaro that he was “neither a rapist nor a predator” . “Never, ever, have I abused a woman,” he wrote, then announcing, through his agent, that he would no longer participate in “any project” in the “context” of these accusations.

The World with AFP

SOURCE

Leave a Reply